Sunday, October 17, 2010

Plywood finished, subpanel installed

The electricians ran the cable and installed the subpanel Wednesday.  30a breaker in the main box, two 20a breakers in the subpanel.   Since the new turning room and the main panel share the same exterior wall, they trenched outside and ran the cable in conduit. 

I finished the plywood yesterday, thank goodness, I'm sick of man-handling the sheets.   It's all screwed down.  I'll have to go back and reset probably half the screws to get the heads low enough.  I didn't deal with it at the time, as I was working alone and didn't want to break a sheet.

After changing my mind several times, I've decided to paint the plywood.  If I put shelves up etc., then I'll never paint and I'm afraid I'll regret it if I don't.  Besides, it'll brighten the room up considerably.  It adds more work, as I'll need to set all the screw heads, then mud them and finally paint.   

No comments:

Post a Comment