Sunday, November 7, 2010

Drywall is done

The drywall is done, other than the final sanding.  We put the door and window in yesterday.   It looks pretty good, with some trim and paint, I'm hoping it looks like it was part of the original house.

I had a half sheet of pegboard and it fit perfectly between the door (when open) and the window.  Pegboard can be a real dust collector in a shop, but ut is handy.

Radiant heater is in.  Preliminary tests show it will work VERY well in this small space.  That'll be nice when we hit the dead of winter.


Now, it's off to Home Depot for more 1x6 to rip into trim. Then priming and painting.

I've moved a lot of my turning supplies and still have a lot of extra room. I'm sure I'll put it to good use.

I hope to move the lathe up this week.  I added wheels to one end of the lathe bench, so they'll engage if I pick the other end up.  I've already used this to clear the center of the room for other work.

I'm in a quandry over my Air Filtration.  I'm finding an awful lot of dust on the shelves in my old turning room and I ran this thing religiously.  It does have a bag filter in it, but I can't find any specifications on it.  I'm not sure it's doing much good with the fine (ie - hazardous) dust.  I'm trying to decide if I should tear it apart and scavage the motor and build something with a HEPA filter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment